Friday, June 08, 2007

The Walking Dead

I'm busy trying to kill time while my $%^@! yahoo mail decides to work before I leave for the day, so I'll just post.

I haven't been around much (as in, posting) in the last week because I foolishly started this summer publishing program in New York and apparently the damn thing is about 12 hours a day and all about magazines for the first three weeks. I won't say which one (there's half a dozen) because I don't want to either promote it or put it down, but you can drop me a line if you're in one.

Posts will be coming kinda slow is what I'm saying.

Also, you may notice that the grammar isn't necessary terrific in this blog. It's not because I don't know grammer (I do) but more because I'm writing the way I'm generally speaking for effect. This is acceptable in fiction from first person point-of-view and in dialogue.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

your legions will patiently await your return :-)

Richard said...

That sounds interesting. Could you elaborate on what a summer publishing program is?

Is this yet another one of those, "The pay is not worth the time" type of jobs.

Anonymous said...

Thank God for gin, and boys. Otherwise Ms. Clue-Gun would go nuts and throw eggs at strangers.

Anonymous said...

If you post at all, I'll be boggled. I did Rice University's publishing program, and we were at it until 10 p.m., 12 p.m., 3 a.m. Are you working at the agency on top of summer school?

Good luck and enjoy the program.

The Rejecter said...

I am not. I am off for 6 weeks. My boss wrote a recommendation letter for me to get into the program so I don't imagine she was too surprised for the request for an absence.

JRVogt said...

Hey there. I actually took part in one of the summer publishing programs in 2006, which is how I got my current job. If you ever want to compare notes, totally up for it. The magazine half of it was fun, but the book part is what I enjoyed the most. It's rough stuff, but personally, I would've come into the business quite a bit more confused than I did.